We recently polled our own Instagram followers, and an overwhelming 65% said they were feeling anxious about going back to the office (the other 35% said they were excited, which we can understand, too). Those who reported feeling anxious had a wide variety of reasons: contracting and spreading Covid, of course, but also a fear of having to give up everything they’ve gained over the last 15 months of working from home, like more family time, mastery over their schedules, and gaining back time previously spent commuting.
On the top of our survey-taker’s list was a concern over what they were going to wear. 73% said they planned on dressing differently than they did before the pandemic, but only 57% said they were actually looking forward to getting dressed at all. “I’m happier and more effective in soft, comfortable clothes,” said one survey-taker. Unsurprisingly, over 80% of our respondents said the thing they’d miss most about working from home is being able to wear sweatpants.